Participants will learn a new trade featuring these technologies
The future of Antigua and Barbuda’s environment depend on collaborative research into:
- Water and waste management
- Renewable energy (wind, solar bio)
- Civil engineering and planning.
CIST is designed for citizens throughout the Caribbean who are interested in pursuing careers in these areas shown above to achieve the following goals:
- An understanding of sustainable resources and technologies, agriculture and their impact on the climate and the environment;
- The ability to analyze, design, and develop innovative solutions that support sustainable economic growth and environmental harmony for life on earth
- To expand their experience through internships with companies, government agencies, and university.
Caribbean Institute of Sustainable Technology (CIST)
In an effort to improve education, unemployment and create workforce development opportunities for the citizens of Antigua and Barbuda, CNET Antigua , TFPC and their associates will maintain the Caribbean Institute of Sustainable Technology. This Institute will be established during the initial construction phase of the development and remain in operation with the following mission, and purpose, and goal:
Mission: It is the mission of CNET-OUTAONE ANTIGUA to develop a skill training and research and development program to provide the highest quality services that will empower people to gain maximum independence, goal achievement and quality of life.
Purpose: To provide technical assistance/services to attract, train, and retain local vendors, contractors, and individuals who provide goods and services to
the citizens of Antigua and Barbuda.
Goal: We aim to issue at least 80% of the construction to local subcontractors
and/or the labor force. As this program continues to gains more financial
support through unique programs, we anticipate in the first two-years, training and creation of approximately 400 to 500 short and long-term jobs across various industries for the citizens of Antigua and Barbuda